Bank Financial Information
Australian Banks typically publish the following financial disclosures throughout the year:
- an Annual Report
- semi-annual financial results announcements
- quarterly “Pillar III Report” which contains important risk and capital information; and
- Investor presentations.
For ANZ, these documents are published on the bank’s website and on the ASX.
Understanding a Bank’s Financial Position
When making a decision to invest in Hybrids, it is helpful to understand the financial position of the bank. The stronger the bank’s financial position is, the lower the risk of losing some or all of your investment.
There are a number of financial measures that you may use to measure a bank’s financial position, and which can be derived from the bank’s financial disclosures. These may include:
- the amount of capital that it holds;
- its profitability and level of earnings;
- its asset quality; and
- the amount of liquidity that it holds.
It is also helpful to consider the impact of the broader economy.
Hybrid Market Price
For listed Hybrids, you can find the prevailing market price on the ASX website.