8 October 2015
Summary of ANZ’s sale of Esanda Dealer Finance Portfolio
ANZ today announced it has entered into an agreement to sell its Esanda Dealer Finance portfolio to Macquarie Group Limited.
Financial key points
- The Esanda Dealer Finance portfolio includes net lending assets of $7.79 billion comprising retail point-of-sale auto finance of $6.2 billion, and wholesale bailment facilities and other Esanda branded finance offered to motor vehicle dealers of
- Total sale price of the portfolio of assets is $8.23 billion.
- Premium over net lending assets is $435 million.
- There are a range of costs associated with the portfolio, including deferred acquisition costs / capitalised broker commissions. Net of these, gain on sale is approximately $100 million.
- The sale releases approximately $7.8 billion of funding capacity and approximately 20bps of capital.
- Risk Weighted Assets on the Esanda Dealer Finance portfolio is approximately $5.1 billion for ANZ, a ratio of approximately 65%, with potential to redeploy into higher returning assets.
* As at 31 August 2015