In relation to corporate governance, ANZ's Board seeks to:
- embrace principles and practices it considers to be best practice internationally
- be an 'early adopter', where appropriate, by complying before a published law or recommendation takes effect
- take an active role in discussions of corporate governance best practice and associated regulation in Australia and overseas.
ANZ's 2016 Corporate Governance Statement can be accessed below:
As a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), ANZ is required to disclose how it has applied the Recommendations contained within the ASX Corporate Governance Council's Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (ASX Governance Recommendations) during the financial year, explaining any departures from them.
ANZ has followed the ASX Governance Recommendations during the 2016 financial year as set out in the Appendix 4G below:
Copies/Summaries of some of ANZ's key documents related to Corporate Governance can be found below.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible to shareholders for the governance of the Group, and oversees its operations and financial performance.
- ANZ Board Meetings (PDF 36kB)
- Board composition, selection and appointment (PDF 35kB)
- Board Renewal and Performance Evaluation Protocol (PDF 42kB)
- Committee Memberships (PDF 29kB)
- Director independence criteria (PDF 40kB)
- Fit and Proper Policy Summary (PDF 24kB)
- Outside commitments of Non-Executive Directors (PDF 20kB)
- ANZ Board Skills Matrix (PDF 57kB)
Board related charters
The charters below highlight the purpose, powers, and specific responsibilities of ANZ's Board and its Committees.
- ANZ Audit Committee Charter (PDF 37kB)
- ANZ Board Charter (PDF 28kB)
- ANZ Board Committees' Standing Rules (PDF 21kB)
- ANZ Executive Committee Charter (PDF 21kB)
- ANZ Environment, Sustainability and Governance Committee Charter (PDF 27kB)
- ANZ Human Resources Committee Charter (PDF 48kB)
- ANZ Risk Committee Charter (PDF 37kB)
- ANZ Shares Committee Charter (PDF 22kB)
- ANZ Digital Business and Technology Committee Charter (PDF 18kB)
Codes of Conduct and Ethics
ANZ has two Codes of Conduct, which provide employees and Directors with a practical set of guiding principles to help them make fair, balanced and ethical decisions in their day to day work.
Conduct and Ethics Policy Framework
The Codes of Conduct and Ethics are supported by detailed policies that together form ANZ's Conduct and Ethics Policy Framework. Summaries of those policies are set out below:
- Fraud Policy Summary (PDF 24kB)
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Policy Summary (PDF 68kb)
- Expenses Policy Summary (PDF 20kB)
- Equal Opportunity, Bullying and Harassment Policy Summary (PDF 26kB)
- Health and Safety Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Trading in ANZ Securities Policy (PDF 64kB)
- Whistleblower Protection Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
Other company policies
Summaries of other relevant company policies are set out below:
- Continuous Disclosure Policy Summary (PDF 33kb)
- ANZ Significant Accounting Policies (PDF 116kb)
- ANZ Directors Disclosure of Interest Protocol and Procedures for Handling Conflicts of Interest (PDF 29kb)
- ANZ Employee Indemnity Policy (PDF 24kb)
- Stakeholder Engagement Model for Relationship with the External Auditor (PDF 268kb)
- Summary of ANZ’s policy position on Diversity and Inclusion (PDF 33kb)
- ANZ Sanctions Policy Summary (PDF 24kb)
- US Patriot Act Certification (PDF342kb)
- ANZ AML Questionnaire (PDF883kb)
Other corporate governance matters
Other key corporate governance matters include:
- ANZ Constitution (PDF 196kB)
- ANZ Accessibility and Inclusion Plan (PDF 3MB)
- Shareholder Communication and Shareholder Meetings (PDF 16kB)
- ANZ Customer Charter
Code of Banking Practice
ANZ is a member of the Australian Bankers' Association and we act in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice, a voluntary code which sets standards of good banking practice.
- Code of Banking Practice (PDF 1.26MB)
- Family Law Guidelines related to property proceedings (PDF 68kB)
Consistent with ANZ's commitment to shareholder communication and continuous disclosure, ANZ provides shareholders and the wider market with timely, quality information on our strategy, programs and initiatives, and performance. All relevant information is posted below and on the Australian Securities Exchange website.
A summary of ANZ’s Continuous Disclosure Policy is available above.