Founded in 1835 and headquartered in Australia, we provide banking and financial products and services to individual and business customers, operating across 34 markets.

Our Purpose

Our purpose is to help shape a world in which people and communities thrive. That means striving to create a balanced, sustainable society in which everyone can take part and build a better life.

One of our key strategic priorities is to drive a purpose and values-led transformation of the bank and our progress towards this is discussed throughout this report.

Our Culture and Values

Our values are the foundation of how we work and how we bank. We recognise that we must live our values every day if we are to execute our strategy successfully and earn back the community’s trust.

To support our strategic priority to drive a purpose and values-led transformation of the bank, this year we refreshed our values with input from more than 1,000 employees. Our values, which include a strong focus on speaking up and respectfully disagreeing, are supported by our Code of Conduct and Ethics. It is a requirement that all employees comply with the Code, which contains eight guiding principles and sets the standards for the way we do business at ANZ.

We care about:

  • Integrity
  • Collaboration
  • Accountability
  • Respect
  • Excellence

Graphic - Corporate Sustainability Framework

Our Corporate Sustainability Framework

Our Corporate Sustainability Framework supports our business strategy and is aligned with the bank’s purpose. The Framework has three key areas of focus:

  • Sustainable Growth
  • Social and Economic Participation
  • Fair and Responsible Banking

which are discussed further in Our Strategy.

Our Divisions

Our business is structured across the following divisions:

Australia: comprises the Retail and the Corporate and Commercial Banking business units, providing a full range of banking services.

Institutional: services global institutional and business customers located in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe, America, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East across three product sets: Transaction Banking, Loans & Specialised Finance and Markets.

New Zealand: comprises the Retail (including wealth management services) and Commercial business units providing a full range of banking services.

Wealth Australia: provides investment, superannuation, insurance and financial advice services.

Asia Retail & Pacific: comprises the Asia Retail and Pacific business units, connecting customers to specialists for their banking needs.

Digital banking: leads the strategic development and delivery of a superior digital experience for the bank’s customers and staff.

These divisions are supported by Group-wide functions including Technology, Services & Operations and Group Centre.

For information on the performance of the above divisions see the 2017 Annual Report.

~8 million Retail, commercial and institutional customers

44,896 Full-time equivalent employees

$86.9 billion Market capitalisation

520,000+ Shareholders. 58% of ANZ’s shares are held by Institutional investors and the remaining 42% by Retail investors.1

ANZ is listed on the Australian Securties Exchange (ASX) with a secondary listing on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).

Our International Presence

Australia

New Zealand

International

Asia

Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

Europe

France, Germany, United Kingdom

Pacific

American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Vanuatu

Middle East U.A.E. (Dubai)
United States of America

Earning Composition by Geography diagram

  • 1. Based on beneficial ownership.
Back to top